The kids and I didn’t make it to church on Sunday after a shattered glass that took ages to clean up while Willow screamed for her breakfast. On Monday we went to the city and got our visas renewed then came home tired and ready for sleep. Tuesday arrived steaming and blisteringly HOT so we decided to postpone any seriously productive items on the to-do list and took ourselves to Boca for the day. We arrived home to realize that we had been burglarized; Ben’s bicycle, which actually belongs to a friend, and the stroller are gone. Wednesday morning we awoke somewhat subdued and still sweating. Then we backed the truck into a palm tree. *sigh*
Needless to say, it’s been “one of those weeks”… but I believe that life is much more enjoyable if one learns to look at the silver lining. So here, in bullet points, is my silver lining:
- We got our visas renewed in one day thanks to an exceedingly helpful immigration official.
- Willow is way into gurgling, smiling, cooing, and all other noises that fall under that curious term for baby talk: raspberries.
- I finished Gone with the Wind and, all in all, decided I enjoyed it.
- I started an Annie Dillard book, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, and am already soaking it up:
“I walk out; I see something, some event that would otherwise have been utterly missed and lost; or something sees me, some enormous power brushes me with its clean wing, and I resound like a beaten bell.”
- I started training a girl for the bakery for the upcoming season at the cafe and I am excited about working with her; I think she is going to do really well.
- For the first time I saw two waves breaking at the same time – they are impressive, rolling in here like they own the place.
- John 3.22
“After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized.”
It’s awesome (in the big, expansive, unfathomable sense of the word) that this Word, this life, this light of men, yes, even this Son of God goes out hiking just to “spend some time” with his disciples. The Message says they relaxed together. I have been blessed with some beautiful moments this week to just relax with Jesus – I am so thankful.